Single PracticalDad: How the Scheduling Actually Worked
And even when you plan your work, as I had to do for yesterday, things don't quite happen as you'd like and you have to improvise and amend accordingly. Which is why it's called management.
Kids appeared where they were expected and most work happened as outlined with a few bumps.
- Child B was required to turn in grade paperwork to allow her to continue with the school play, but didn't bother to make a print-out until time to walk out the door. At which time, the printer broke.
- This delay caused a detour to the scout meeting place to at least open up for the other cub scouts and parents. Then the school play delivery occurred.
- The dishes weren't finished upon return home since the dishwasher wasn't emptied of clean dishes and child A can't safely reach the uppermost shelves.
So my notes for the future would have to include making a reminder to remind child B to get the paperwork out in a more timely fashion. And then to either get a stool for child A or make sure it's emptied myself.
But all things considered, it worked. Not the most pretty thing perhaps, but it worked.
ARTICLES BY CATEGORY
Basics for Dads
- Back to the Beginning…What is the point of raising a child?
- Volunteering: When Did I Become That Cub Scout Guy?
- Redefining Fatherhood - A Response
- A PracticalDad Look at Concussions
- The Virus Cocktail
- Kids and Pot: Discussing the Long-Term Effects
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Bette and the New Educational Baseline
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- The Cost of Higher Ed: “How in the Hell Did This Happen?”
- The Kids Are Paying Attention
- If it’s not about me, then who is it about?
- Keeping in Touch as Kids Age
Dad and Mom
- Cancelling Christmas? Yeah, I’m Down With That…
- Is Embarrassment a Disciplinary Tool?
- Controlling Your Kids
- PracticalDad Price Index - September 2016: The Potemkin Village Shelves
- PracticalDad Price Index - August 2016
- PracticalDad Price Index - July 2016: Confirming Deflation
Family / Personal Economics
- PracticalDad Slang: Of Opies, Forcepushing and Duckpecking
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
- PracticalDad Physics
- Playing With The Kids: How Badly Do I Want To Win?
- PracticalDad Solutions: Uniform Hooks
- “Do I Have To Go?” Taking the Kids Along
- Dystopia Comes Home
- When School Technology Programs Affect Family Policy
- When Does the Academic Push Become Too Much?