RSS At 10,000
People that have their own websites can be caught up in numbers. How many hits? How many unique visitors? From where are they accessing the site - via search engine or link to somebody else? Honestly, I've never paid a great deal of attention to the data which is why PracticalDad is a relatively stripped down, no-frills site. Parents - fathers and mothers - aren't going to read this site because I toss in an article about which is the best family minivan; there are other and better sites for that and I'm not going to spend my time playing Can You Top This? But what has become my focus is the RSS Feed and it was this weekend that the RSS feed clicked over the 10k mark.
Thank you. Honestly, thank you very much for giving enough of a damn to put this site on your RSS feed.
But now I'm going to ask for some input from you, if you could kindly spare me a few moments.
Should I just keep plugging as I've been or are there some changes that you'd like to see? More importantly, are there areas on which I need to provide greater - or lesser - focus? I'm not hiring a market research firm to handle data collection since this is effectively a kitchen table endeavor, but I'd appreciate knowing, and if I don't get 10,000 responses, then I'll try to respond to as many as I can. If you don't want to respond or have nothing to add, then that's fine, too.
And in the meantime, I'll continue to roll on as I have, writing for the site in between hauling the kids and managing the family affairs.
ARTICLES BY CATEGORY
Basics for Dads
- Back to the Beginning…What is the point of raising a child?
- Volunteering: When Did I Become That Cub Scout Guy?
- Redefining Fatherhood - A Response
- A PracticalDad Look at Concussions
- The Virus Cocktail
- Kids and Pot: Discussing the Long-Term Effects
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Bette and the New Educational Baseline
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- The Cost of Higher Ed: “How in the Hell Did This Happen?”
- The Kids Are Paying Attention
- If it’s not about me, then who is it about?
- Keeping in Touch as Kids Age
Dad and Mom
- Cancelling Christmas? Yeah, I’m Down With That…
- Is Embarrassment a Disciplinary Tool?
- Controlling Your Kids
- PracticalDad Price Index - September 2016: The Potemkin Village Shelves
- PracticalDad Price Index - August 2016
- PracticalDad Price Index - July 2016: Confirming Deflation
Family / Personal Economics
- PracticalDad Slang: Of Opies, Forcepushing and Duckpecking
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
- PracticalDad Physics
- Playing With The Kids: How Badly Do I Want To Win?
- PracticalDad Solutions: Uniform Hooks
- “Do I Have To Go?” Taking the Kids Along
- Dystopia Comes Home
- When School Technology Programs Affect Family Policy
- When Does the Academic Push Become Too Much?