If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
If you check on one of your kids before bed, you're liable to be told that they don't have any underwear for tomorrow.
If you ask whether they put it in the hamper, because you just did laundry and saw very little of it, you're liable to be told that they threw it away.
If you ask why in the hell they threw away their underwear, they're liable to say that it didn't fit anymore.
If you ask why in the hell didn't they tell you at a time when you could actually do something about it, they're liable to say that they forgot.
If you ask them to wear something small for tomorrow until you get replacements, they're liable to complain that it'll be uncomfortable and whine about why can't you go out to the 24 hour Walmart NOW to get it for them?
If you turn out the lights on them and proceed to say goodnight to another child, the other is liable to say that they overheard and by the way, his underwear is tight as well.
If you go the store the next day you realize that the two boys are similar enough in size that Medium is going to closely resemble Large and that if one of them gets the wrong size by mistake, he's liable to refuse to wear it.
If you return the wrongly stored underwear to the original owner, he's liable to complain that he won't wear underwear touched by his brother and will pitch a minor fit.
If you tell him to suck it up since it wasn't worn, he's liable to complain and whine about why can't you go to the 24 hour Walmart NOW to get a new pair?
If this continues, you decide to let them go to bed without any night-time goodnights and checks and they're liable to complain about how uncaring you are.
If you then go back to checking on the kids before bedtime, you're liable to be told that they don't have any underwear for tomorrow.
ARTICLES BY CATEGORY
Basics for Dads
- Back to the Beginning…What is the point of raising a child?
- Volunteering: When Did I Become That Cub Scout Guy?
- Redefining Fatherhood - A Response
- A PracticalDad Look at Concussions
- The Virus Cocktail
- Kids and Pot: Discussing the Long-Term Effects
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Bette and the New Educational Baseline
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- The Cost of Higher Ed: “How in the Hell Did This Happen?”
- The Kids Are Paying Attention
- If it’s not about me, then who is it about?
- Keeping in Touch as Kids Age
Dad and Mom
- Cancelling Christmas? Yeah, I’m Down With That…
- Is Embarrassment a Disciplinary Tool?
- Controlling Your Kids
- PracticalDad Price Index - September 2016: The Potemkin Village Shelves
- PracticalDad Price Index - August 2016
- PracticalDad Price Index - July 2016: Confirming Deflation
Family / Personal Economics
- PracticalDad Slang: Of Opies, Forcepushing and Duckpecking
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
- PracticalDad Physics
- Playing With The Kids: How Badly Do I Want To Win?
- PracticalDad Solutions: Uniform Hooks
- “Do I Have To Go?” Taking the Kids Along
- Dystopia Comes Home
- When School Technology Programs Affect Family Policy
- When Does the Academic Push Become Too Much?