PracticalDad Tip: Don’t Keep the Disinfectant Spray With the Laundry Supplies
Sometimes things go smoothly and sometimes they fall apart.
With a two story house, I keep a disinfectant spray bottle - containing bleach - on each level so that I can minimize the steps. And on the main level, that bottle hangs by the trigger from the wire shelf above the washer/dryer. Also above the washer/dryer hangs a bottle of stain treatment spray.
You see where I'm going with this.
In the process of loading the washer, I found that one of my dark shirts needed a quick treatment and reached for the white bottle to spray the stain. It was after the shirt came out of the dryer that I realized that the item was ruined; I can't even wear it and make it appear as though it's some weird tie-die design. It's fortunate that nothing else was ruined.
So, what do I take from this exercise?
- I could say pay attention to what you're doing or
- I can find a different high location on which to store the disinfectant.
I'll opt for the latter. Rats.
ARTICLES BY CATEGORY
Basics for Dads
- Back to the Beginning…What is the point of raising a child?
- Volunteering: When Did I Become That Cub Scout Guy?
- Redefining Fatherhood - A Response
- A PracticalDad Look at Concussions
- The Virus Cocktail
- Kids and Pot: Discussing the Long-Term Effects
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Bette and the New Educational Baseline
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- The Cost of Higher Ed: “How in the Hell Did This Happen?”
- The Kids Are Paying Attention
- If it’s not about me, then who is it about?
- Keeping in Touch as Kids Age
Dad and Mom
- Cancelling Christmas? Yeah, I’m Down With That…
- Is Embarrassment a Disciplinary Tool?
- Controlling Your Kids
- PracticalDad Price Index - September 2016: The Potemkin Village Shelves
- PracticalDad Price Index - August 2016
- PracticalDad Price Index - July 2016: Confirming Deflation
Family / Personal Economics
- PracticalDad Slang: Of Opies, Forcepushing and Duckpecking
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
- PracticalDad Physics
- Playing With The Kids: How Badly Do I Want To Win?
- PracticalDad Solutions: Uniform Hooks
- “Do I Have To Go?” Taking the Kids Along
- Dystopia Comes Home
- When School Technology Programs Affect Family Policy
- When Does the Academic Push Become Too Much?