Welcome to PracticalDad.com!
A website created to give fathers the information they need as they take on a larger role in raising their children.
PracticalDad.com offers you guidance and information on:
- Children’s Health
- Childhood Development
- Household and Family Management
- How-to tips on your kids and the house
- Raising kids in today’s world and culture
And whatever other topics might affect you and your family.
Fathers have a crucial role in the lives of their children, even if they are home with their mother while their father works. The everyday importance of Dad rises even further when Mom leaves the home for work, study or even the military. The household has to continue running and the kids must have stability and continuity in order to grow and thrive. And PracticalDad.com is here to provide the information and tips that you need to help you with your kids.-->
What is a PracticalDad?
A PracticalDad is a father who believes that as women take a larger role in the working world, he must shoulder his share of rearing the children and managing the household.
A PracticalDad understands that the old fatherhood models are broken and will use what’s available to create his own model, suited to the particular needs of his own family.
A PracticalDad doesn’t have to be a stay-at-home dad, executive, mechanic or professional. He doesn’t view himself as a SuperDad or PerfectDad. He will simply take the information and opportunities available to help create a working, vibrant and productive home life.
PracticalDad is a website dedicated to the idea that fathers are as capable of being equal partners in the family’s life as women can be equal partners in the workforce. PracticalDad is written for these fathers.
ARTICLES BY CATEGORY
Basics for Dads
- Back to the Beginning…What is the point of raising a child?
- Volunteering: When Did I Become That Cub Scout Guy?
- Redefining Fatherhood - A Response
- A PracticalDad Look at Concussions
- The Virus Cocktail
- Kids and Pot: Discussing the Long-Term Effects
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Bette and the New Educational Baseline
- Driving Up the Cost of Higher Ed: Globalization and the Knowledge-Based Economy
- The Cost of Higher Ed: “How in the Hell Did This Happen?”
- The Kids Are Paying Attention
- If it’s not about me, then who is it about?
- Keeping in Touch as Kids Age
Dad and Mom
- Cancelling Christmas? Yeah, I’m Down With That…
- Is Embarrassment a Disciplinary Tool?
- Controlling Your Kids
- PracticalDad Price Index - September 2016: The Potemkin Village Shelves
- PracticalDad Price Index - August 2016
- PracticalDad Price Index - July 2016: Confirming Deflation
Family / Personal Economics
- PracticalDad Slang: Of Opies, Forcepushing and Duckpecking
- If You Give A Mouse A Cookie, v. 2
- PracticalDad Physics
- Playing With The Kids: How Badly Do I Want To Win?
- PracticalDad Solutions: Uniform Hooks
- “Do I Have To Go?” Taking the Kids Along
- Dystopia Comes Home
- When School Technology Programs Affect Family Policy
- When Does the Academic Push Become Too Much?